Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Marathon Fundraising for Peaceful Prairie

Donate on Just Give! ON JUST GIVE

WITH PAYPAL
Today I officially registered to run my first marathon! It's called the Hiroshaki Shirakami Apple Marathon and will be held in Aomori Prefecture (Japan) on October 5. To give me some extra motivation to keep up this gruelling training for the next 4 months, I have decided to use this event to raise money for a worthy charity close to my heart, Peaceful Prairie Sanctuary!

As many of you know, I have been vegan and an animal rights activist for many years. Peaceful Prairie Sanctuary provides a safe, permanent home for rescued farm animals--not accepted at most shelters. Each animal at Peaceful Prairie Sanctuary has their own sad story of abuse, neglect, and/or abandonment. At the sanctuary, they require and receive varying degrees of medical attention, social interaction, and most importantly, tender loving care. PPS also does great work in spreading the vegan message and educating about the plight of exploited animals.

My goal is to raise at least $500 for this cause. I have set up a WishList on JustGive.org to make it quick and easy for everyone to do what they can to help out! http://www.justgive.org/basket?acton=viewList&donorId=184740&listTypeId=1 Every dollar will help me reach my goal and will help Peaceful Prairie in the important work they do for animals.

If you can't or don't want to donate through JustGive, you can also donate money for PPS to my paypal account by clicking the orange button on the top of this entry!

Please show your support for me and Peaceful Prairie! Please donate anything you can today!

From me and the animals: THANK-YOU!

Kelsey

Check out more about Peaceful Prairie and the Apple Marathon at these links below:

http://www.peacefulprairie.org
http://www.applemarathon.jp