Sunday, August 12, 2007

A few new finds

Here are some interesting new things I found at local shops:


This is a watery gelly-like dessert. You get the liquid with the konniyaku strips in it and a separate packet of sweeteners/flavours. You pour the sweetener into the water and enjoy. It was a big strange actually with a very gelly-like texture and VERY sweet (but you can adjust that depending on how much of the black stuff you put in). Overall, not bad. I would get it again if I were in a pinch.


I was in a regular old grocery store yesterday and found vegan belgian chocolate! made with rice milk and marketed as Lactose Free. Look for it in your town too!



Soyatoo's Soya Schlag Creme (Topping Cream) was a wonderful discovery. This was at my local health food store and so delicious. You just have to whip it a bit in a bowl before serving. It says to use an electric mixer but I just used a fork for a minute or so and it worked fine.


The Vegan Ronin gave me a tip for a vegan ice cream available outside health food stores. It is called IV and they have a line with 5 different flavours including black sesame, mango banana, and maple vanilla. mmmm... Check out their website here.